Efficient Production and Improved Manufacturability.
- Original ducts cast in sections and were brittle.
- 3D printing enabled thorough engineering collaboration.
- Drop hammer formed Inconel sections greatly improved strength.
- Probe guide rings feature dozens of laser-cut tabs, each welded for superior strength.
- Milled flanges and precision inlet rings improved seals.
- Simplified tooling made assembly and welding more efficient processes.
- Multiple ACE in-house capabilities sped manufacturing process.
ITSI came to ACE with a South American customer’s issue. Their power generation turbines had pressurized, super-heated gas ducts which were aging to rapidly and costing both replacement costs plus installation downtime costs. ACE engineers worked with ITSI using our GE Power high-pressure heated gas duct knowledge base to evolve the duct design into a new breed which would stand the test of heat, pressure and time.